Side Effects Of Avapro
Just as is the case with any other medicine, there are possible side effects with Avapro also. But Avapro does not have side effects on everyone who is taking it and in fact most people tolerate the medicine very well. There are some minor side effects with the use of Avapro and this could be either treated by your healthcare provider or by you. There are possibilities of serious side effects as well but they are quite rare.
(This article may cover most of the side effects with Avapro but not all of them. Discuss with your healthcare provider in order to get a complete list of side effects with the use of Avapro.)
Some common side effects with the use of Avapro:
The effect of Avapro has been studied in great detail during the clinical trials. The results of the side effects that occur in a group of people who are on the drug, is taken and compared with another study group that is not on Avapro. The results are then compared in order to see the frequency of the occurrence of the side effects in comparison with the group that is not on the medicine.
Some of the results of the study included:
- Dizziness was noted in around 10% of those taking Avapro for diabetic nephropathy.
- Heartburn or indigestion was up in around 2% of the people.
- Diarrhea was up in about 3% of the people.
- Fatigue was up in about 45 of the people.
Serious side effects with the use of Avapro:
This includes some of the serious side effects that were noted in some individuals but not limited to:
- Decrease in urine output.
- Severe itching.
- Unexplained skin rashes or hives.
- Difficulty in breathing or swallowing.
- Unexplained swelling in the head and neck region, especially around the face, lips, throat, and tongue.
- Peeling of skin due to unexplained blisters.
Should any of these symptoms occur, you must report to the healthcare provider immediately.
Rare side effects with the use of Avapro
Rare side effects do occur with the use of Avapro in less than one percent of the people. Since these are uncommon, it is difficult to tell if these have been caused due to the use of Avapro or if it was caused by something else.
The list of rare side effects to Avapro includes but is not limited to:
- Myocardial infarction or heart attack
- Flatulence or gas
- Rhabdomyolysis or serious breakdown of muscle
- Decrease in sex drive and other sexual problems
- Transient ischemic attack or TIA
Although you may experience some of these side effects with the use of Avapro, there is no way your healthcare provider can find out unless you are on Avapro for a while, even a few weeks maybe. Hence, you must let your healthcare provider know if there are any changes that occur after starting the medicine. Even if it is not a side effect of the medicine you can get treated by your healthcare provider.